3. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
5. … “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,
6. because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punished everyone he accepts as a son.”
7. Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?
11. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.